You may have heard both of these terms and wondered what is the difference,
and what type of photography would be best for my purposes?
Generally speaking, if you work for someone else, say a corporation or mid-sized small business, you are likely looking for a HEADSHOT. A clean crisp image usually cropped between elbows and the shoulders. Simple background, focused on the face. When you are employed by a company, they have their own branding, so no "personal branding" is necessary. They are looking to produce a united, team image. A great headshot will capture an authentic expression, convey the desired mood, and represent you in the best light possible.
PERSONAL BRANDING is essential for individuals who have their own business, creatives, coaches, bakers, any small business or entrepreneur who is looking to stand out in their respective field. A cohesive collection of excellent visuals which reflect your mood, personality, character, all make for a solid & stronger overall brand. It is the welcome mat to come and do business with you. Well done personal branding will distinguish you from the crowd, connect with your audience and make them feel something. People want to do business with people. They want to see and know who you are.
You are Your Brand
How are you showing up in the world? What are you saying to your client or potential client with the visuals you are displaying? I don't have to tell you that the business world is becoming more and more internet based, but it is important to mention that merely showing up, having a presence is not making good use of the opportunity to reach a limitless audience... maybe bigger than you had ever dreamed possible.
How We Can Help
There is help! If the idea of stepping in front of a camera, creating a visual brand story, pulling the elements together for your website and other media and marketing materials is way over your head, or you just can't devote the time to do it, we are here for you! We can simply create a powerful headshot for you and your team or go as far as to take care of all the details for you, in your visual branding development.
• Powerful business portraits
• Detail, "action" & environmental shots for website filler, printed marketing and social media content
• Studio & On-location photography/video
• We save you work by sizing and formatting images for online use (square crops, banner crops, etc)
• Planning, styling, makeup, hair, wardrobe
• Video shorts for social media and website marketing
"My experience with Val at
Urban Couture Photography far exceeded my expectations. It wasn't just a photoshoot, it was an experience. I not only have personal branding photos that capture me as a person, and a professional, but I also have the memory of such a fun and positive experience. From start to finish, the process was truly hassle-free."
~Paige Harnish, LISW CIMHP
"I loved everything about my shoot with Val.
I didn't have to stress about clothes, hair or makeup.
It was full service from the very beginning. It truly felt like a magazine shoot and I felt beautiful and empowered not only by the experience but by my stunning photos. I genuinely wish I could gift everyone
the experience of being in front of Val's camera!"
~ Jen Speers, Moonwake Collaborative
Book Your Complimentary Consultation!
• PRE CONSULTATION
• PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP/GROOMING
• LIGHT HAIRSTYLING
• 60 MINUTE IN-STUDIO PHOTO SESSION
• UP TO 3 WARDROBE CHANGES
• ZOOM REVEAL SESSION
• 2 DIGITAL IMAGES INCLUDED
INDIVIDUAL HEADSHOT SESSION INVESTMENT
OPTION TO ADD TO MORE IMAGES
UPGRADE TO A COLLECTION
• PRE CONSULTATION
• PROFESSIONAL, IN-HOUSE MAKEUP/GROOMING
• LIGHT HAIRSTYLING
• 2.5-3 HOUR IN-STUDIO PHOTO SESSION, OPTION TO ADD LOCATION
• UP TO 5 WARDROBE CHANGES
• IN-PERSON OR ZOOM REVEAL SESSION
• 10 DIGITAL IMAGES INCLUDED
• CUSTOM BACKGROUND/SET
• MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
• ADD DIGITAL BUNDLES OF WEBSITE DETAIL IMAGES, SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
• ADD MORE PEOPLE
CUSTOM BRANDING SESSION INVESTMENT
UPGRADE YOUR COLLECTION
• For businesses with greater than 5 employees or partners, or corporations, please inquire for a custom quote •
A marathon day of headshots! We hold this studio event 3-4 times per year. Easily get in and out within an hour, including light primping (5-10 minutes) be photographed on a light and a dark background (20 minutes) 1 simple clothing change, choose your images on the spot (15 minutes)
Covers your session and 2 digital images, delivered electronically, within 48 hours
What you should know:
• Payment due in full at time of booking
• Must be available for the date of the event, this price is for this event only
• Arrive camera-ready
• Be prepared to choose your images immediately following session
• People often want to purchase more images, so it is advised bring a form of payment with you to the session
This may be the right fit for you if you:
• Have a flexible schedule and can wait until the assigned day of the event, held 3-4 times per year
• Are short on time and just want to pop in and get out
• Need a quick turn over, these are guaranteed within 48 hours, for up to 4 images
• Like to freshen up your profile every few months, with a great, no fuss professional image
• Do not desire full makeup/hair services or wardrobe access
This may NOT be the right fit for you if you:
• Want a large variety of images for different purposes throughout the year ( business cards, website, social media content, keynote speaking, newsletters, profile pictures, etc)
• Like the convenience of scheduling in on your own time
• Want the full service experience, including our hair & makeup artist to help you look your best, as well as wardrobe access
• Want multiple wardrobe changes, and different backgrounds
BUSINESS BRANDING/PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY
Excellent business branding is achieved by number of elements, tangible and intangible, working together to speak to a certain identified faction of the market. How we speak to them and what we "say" is crucial. Visual business branding is the use of strong images which help to create a mood, reinforce a theme or central idea, and overall promote your product or service the way you want to be perceived by your target market. Thoughtful planning and artistic production will create an impact on your next client, and your next, and moreover start influencing & growing your potential audience through focused, consistent messaging.
< < JACK
Is an old soul, and artist & designer with a particular set of aesthetics. He gravitates toward vintage bikes, outdoor life, the abandoned, the weathered, and the hidden treasures of nature & the countryside. Jack's brand, his design work and products are woven into a brand that is one with the lifestyle it represents. It is the lifestyle he lives, outdoors, exploring, camping, tubing, kicking it with friends.
The shoot we did, the images we created, seamlessly & inconspicuously highlighted his designs while not shoving them in your face. You are drawn in as a like-minded fan of the mood, the feeling, the action, textures & the elements and naturally then, buy into the product.
HOW I CAN HELP
Digital Content • Marketing Videos • Magazine • Print-ready images
I am here to help you achieve your goals for the visual expression of your brand, through still photography & video. Here is the process...
• consultation/get to know you meeting to discuss overall goals, and needs
• questionnaire to help prioritize and define the goals, refine the details, expand on your vision
• story board, mood board, interactive refining of plans & design
• we take care of the planning, art direction, and as many of the details you wish for us to, which can include location, wardrobe, hair & makeup, models, props, styling, and more
• many finished product options are available, customized to your needs, these may include: business cards, social media shorts (marketing video clips) image slideshow for website, and much more!